This is a story based role play for the slash fans of Star Trek XI. ALL pairings are welcome, especially since we do allow for original characters (we want as many people as possible to partake in the fun and there are only so many canon characters).
What does "story based" mean?
The term implies that you post your response as if you were writing, well, a story. Paragraph form, third person, quotations for dialogue.
You said original character. Does that mean whatever I want?
Yes. To an extent. Your character may be any size, shape, gender or species. However, he or she can not directly disregard canon. I.E: (S)he cannot be Kirk's long-lost sibling, cannot have the position of Chief Medical Officer on the Enterprise, etc. Exceptions will be made if you discuss it beforehand with the person playing the canon character you want to affect.
What are the other rules?
1. Comment on the introduction post with your personal profile (we want to know you!) and your character profile (canon or original). Templates are posted below.
2. BE NICE. Seriously. It's such a childish rule, but it bears repeating. Be nice to everyone, even if you disagree.
3. Don't be petty. Don't be selfish. If you don't like a character/pairing, don't purposely try to sabotage them just for the sake of it. If you feel like you can come in the middle/hurt the character for the sake of the story go for it. But don't just do it because it's not your cup of tea.
4. This goes with rule 3: if someone doesn't want to go along with your ideas, get over it. Don't be pissy because you want Uhura to end up with Gaila, but the person playing Gaila doesn't want that. Figure out something else to do with your character and have fun that way.
5. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP CHARACTERIZATION. I know it's hard sometimes and not everyone is perfect at it, but just keep it in mind. Bones will never say, "What's up, dude?" and Chekov will always pronounce his W's like V's. Even with original characters. Stick to the personality you have come up with, don't change it just for plot convenience.
6. If you are speaking out of character use double brackets [[ like this ]]. Speak at the end of your post, after you have responded. Do not interrupt your reply.
7. For all off-topic conversation, including questions, suggestions, how you day was, etc, please post HERE.
8. Do not speak for other characters. I cannot emphasize this enough. If your character is having a conversation with Spock and you need a response from him to continue, wait it out. Do not say that Spock "gave him a disapproving look" or nodded or whatever because the person playing Spock might disagree with that.
9.Post R or NC-17 in the subject for all parts that get smutty! I'll trust you guys to decipher what qualifies as R and what qualifies as NC-17 :) In the event of het smut, as this is a slash community, please just type "het" beside the rating.
10. HAVE FUN!
Who can start a topic?
Only the mods. Sorry. At least for now. We'll see how things are and how many people we get, but at this point, we just don't want 34242424 topics at a time, with only one response each. If you've got an idea for a topic, or just want your character to start a topic, we will be glad to to approve your post, however :)
How do I reply to a post? What can I/can't I reply to?
You can post a character response to anything. Even if two characters are having a private conversation, your character can suddenly walk in on them and start being part of the action. Also, if you want to start a different thread/split the story, feel free to post a separate reply from someone else. I.E: If I have Bones go to the bridge and Uhura responds by intercepting him, you may follow that thread of the story OR you may respond with your own character intercepting him/meeting him on the bridge by replying to my comment despite Uhura's actions. And thus, another storyline has just been created :)
You may even bring anyone from TOS that has not be introduced in XI yet.
In order to claim a character, all you need to do is check to see if he/she is taken (crossed off above). If the character you want is free, just make a comment in the introduction post and consider him/her yours :)
Please comment here with the following before joining in the fun :)
Character You Play:
How'd You Get Here:
Favorite Star Trek XI Character:
Are You Actively Involved In The Fandom? Or Just The RP?:
If You Are Involved In The Fandom, How So?:
Favorite Piece of Fanon?:
A Little About Yourself:
And Finally - If You Were A Member of Starfleet, What Track Would You Be On and For What Occupation?:
Canon Character Profile (Only if your character is not original. Fill this with various fanon you have come up with for the character. I.E: That Bones' accent gets thicker when he's drunk or that he wears reading glasses):
Other notes of interest:
Original Character Profiles:
Other notes of interest: